Thursday, September 29, 2011

Introducing Herbert Co.

Well, one Etsy shop just wasn't enough for me, so now I have two. Oh, and a full time job as an environmental scientist in the city, with a commute that sometimes reaches 3 hours a day...

Anyway, this idea popped up after making a set of three prints on vintage atlas pages for my dear Scottish friend who lived in Melbourne but then moved to Zurich (hence the set of three different maps). I know a lot of people make these prints on old dictionary pages on Etsy already, but my only mark of difference is that I use only Australian maps/street directories, that are at least 20 years old. My idea is that custom prints can be made for people, that have a specific interest in something, and ties to a particular place in Australia. Here are a few examples that are now in Herbert Co.





They look great framed - here's one I did for my brother's girlfriend (who hasn't seen it yet, hope she doesn't read this before Saturday ;)


So there it is, two shops, lots to keep me busy - but that is what life is all about....epoch has been picking up, lots of photographing, wrapping and posting the last couple of days. It's been a good time to  be inside though, we've had huge storms here the last two days - and had a few hours without power yesterday - good opportunity to sit in front of the fire and play with the little black dog.


marnie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment