Monday, July 2, 2012

a weekend in pictures

it's been a while since i hit the blog, and so much has happened since my last post - too much to detail - so let's just hit the photos!


friday saw Paul the Electrician back to put in the last two industrial pendant lights - they look fabulous!


I also went and dug through a garage on friday to retrieve some fruit crates and a multitude of suitcases - including a wooden one that was used in the 50s when the family came out to australia


some cute drawers are going to a shop in melbourne to use for shelving


my better half and i then went to woodend on friday evening for a beer tasting at the local wine store - these are great, look like wine but are just big beers!


i had to work on saturday (i.e. as my environmental scientist job), but it had a vintage slant to it - Second Hand Saturday trials, which was very interesting 



a blustery day, but i didn't get rained on (much!)



mum has been doing some vintage hunting for me too lately, and she picked up these great archive boxes and old bottles, plus a sky blue tv tray



saturday night saw a bit of custom prints/framing for Herbert Co. - these are a 21st present from some lovely folk in Dubai


Herbie kept warm in front of the fire all weekend


I keep calling this a meat safe, but it was actually a cool box as it's lined with aluminium. it was pink, and i hadn't yet painted it, but with the addition of red industrial lights, it was time. so much better now...



and while the paintbrush was out, the clothes rack on a pulley in front of the fire got a lick of paint so it would blend into the walls a bit better


sunday afternoon was spent at the folks, chopping firewood in the rain, then a family dinner in front of the fire before my family depart to various places around the world over winter


mum is always nagging me to get rid of more of my childhood 'stuff' from my old room at home - so i did. my enid blyton books now grace the new pigeonholes...

hope your weekend was lovely, and warm

marnie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment